1. Be more patient. I don't know if I've been stressed out, if I'd previously been lucky and not had it tested often, but my patience has been failing me lately, and I need to work on that. Even someone who's irritating me deserves a basic level of civility.
2. Keep going to the gym. I've been doing it 3-4 days a week, should be upping that to 4-5 with a new friday class. Woot! I've gone down a pants size so far, and 2 inches off my waist. Here's hoping that continues.
3. Be more thankful. Like with patience, I don't know if it's stress or what, but I have some amazing people in my life, a good job, and I spend too much time thinking about things I want or want to change. It doesn't make me any happier.
4. Get married! Here's one I know I can do!
- Current Location:Home with cat
- Current Mood: lazy
- Current Music:Aimee Mann - The Forgotten Arm
Your result for The Mythological Goddess Test...
Indeed, you are 79% erudite, 71% sensual, 58% martial, and 33% saturnine.
Isis was one element of a Holy Trinity, the remaining two figures being her brother and husband Osiris and their heroic son Horus. She was the Goddess of Magic for her brilliance, as well as the Goddess of Love because of her tenacious devotion.
She is often shown with wings, curving to caress coffins and sarcophagi of many a king. In certain papyri she is shown with her falcon wing headdress, covering her ears. One of her sacred symbols is the sistrum, a musical instrument that was believed to ward off evil spirits. Isis' sistrum was carved bearing the image of a cat and was representative of the Moon.
Isis was the High Priestess and an omnipotent magician as well as the only being ever to discover the secret name of Ra. She invariably carries the ankh, the symbol for eternal life. Her name is, by the rules of numerology, adding up to the number 2 and she just so happens to be depicted on the tarot card Key 2 The High Priestess.
The Fifteen Goddesses
These are the 15 categories of this test. If you score above average in
all or none of the four variables: Neit.
Erudite & Sensual: Isis.
Erudite & Martial: Sekhmet.
Erudite & Saturnine: Nemesis.
Sensual & Martial: Hera.
Sensual & Saturnine: Bast.
Martial & Saturnine: Ilamatecuhtli.
Erudite, Sensual & Martial: Maeve.
Erudite, Sensual & Saturnine: Freya.
Erudite, Martial & Saturnine: Sedna.
Sensual, Martial & Saturnine: Macha.
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone
W. H. Auden
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.
Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.
He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.
The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
- Current Mood:grieving
Ulysses - October 1989 - October 2008
- Current Mood:Grieving
Copy this list into your blog, including these instructions:
- Bold all items you've eaten.
- Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush
13. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn or head cheese
26. Raw Scottish Bonnet Pepper
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a big fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
47. Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips
63. Kaolinyes - say what?
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost or brunost
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant Not yet!!!
85. Kobe beef
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam and/or ScrappleUm, those are not at all the same
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta - Last night, even
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
I think this trip might be the best of the summer trips so far. We didn't even award a sandy this year! I feel like people were much better about keeping stuff calmer and not making a huge mess, which are things that up my stress level pretty fast. I also got the chance to talk to K's girl, which was nice. I don't know her very well, so any time she really talks is pretty cool. And, of course, I got to hang out with rainyday22 which will always make me have a good time.
We went to the beach Sunday early evening, which was great because it was still bright out, the water was just cold enough to be refreshing, but there was no crowd to contend with. The waves were high and frequent because of a storm system, so there was a good deal of splashing, getting tipped over, and body boarding. That, combined with being in the pool once or twice a day, and I actually woke up a little sore today.
The cooking and food situation seemed to work out equitably, and outinleftfield's idea about an even contribution really helped with the grocery costs. He made chili friday night, which was delicious, but did mean the place had to get aired out on Saturday.
Thank you to everyone who came down, I hope you had a great time.
- Current Mood: lazy